PHOBIAS - FREEING THE MIND
A phobia is an extreme form of fear or anxiety triggered by a particular situation (such as going outside) or object (such as spiders), even when there is no danger.
SYMPTOMS OF A PHOBIA INCLUDE:
Many of us have fears about particular objects or situations, and this is perfectly normal. A fear becomes a phobia if it lasts for more than six months, and has a significant impact on how you live your day-to-day life.
- Feeling unsteady, dizzy, lightheaded or faint
- Feeling like you are choking
- A pounding heart, palpitations or accelerated heart rate
- Chest pain or tightness in the chest
- Hot or cold flushes
- Shortness of breath or a smothering sensation
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Trembling or shaking.
WHAT CAUSES PHOBIAS?
- Feeling out of touch with reality or detached from your body
- A fear of fainting
- A fear of losing control
- A fear of dying.
- If these symptoms are very intense, they could trigger a panic attack.
HOW CAN NAVEEN HELP YOU?
- Particular incidents or traumas
- Learned responses, picked up in early life from family
- Responses to panic or fear
- Long-term stress
Naveen can help identifying support factors within the family aided with the expert counseling and medication to help you to recover from having repeated episodes of Phobia induced behaviour.